I came across this message and, being New Year, decided to share it with you. I find it inspiring and compatible with the philosophy of Feng Shui which essentially, is about our homes being a manifestation of ourselves; living in the present, intention and awareness, harnessing the earth’s positive energy and going with the flow. I do not know the author of this message, but it flowed to me and now it is flowing to you…
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs: respect for self, respect for others, responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honourable life. Then, when you get older and look back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation of a happy life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth and its resources.
- Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for the other exceeds your need for them.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandonment.
- Live in the present. The past has gone, and the future has not arrived.
Mmm… Makes sense to me.
If it makes sense for you keep it as a gentle reminder and pass it on to your friends. Most of us need a gentle nudge of inspiration once in a while. If you know the author, please let me know. I’d like to give them credit.
Liza Evans is an Interior Designer & Feng Shui Expert based in London & San Francisco – www.lizaevans.com.